Consignors receive 50% of the selling price of each item while Next-to-New receives 50% of the price of consigned items.
Dropping off Your Items
To have Next-to-New sell your items for you, bring new and used items to our store in Austin. Consignment hours are Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. You must be signed in on the 3rd floor by 12:45 to guarantee service. Enter through the side entrance to the store. A marker will assist you in reviewing your items and reaching an agreement on a price for each item. Furniture and other large items are priced on the 1st floor all others are priced on the 3rd floor.
Here are a few guidelines to remember when consigning with Next-to-New:
- We accept most items on consignment. That said, please understand that if you wish to consign a lamp and there are 47 lamps in the store, for example, we may have to price the lamps lower than usual to keep the merchandise moving.
- Only 6 items per category may be consigned each day with a daily total of 20 items.
- We are unable to accept mattresses, pillows, sofa beds, recliners, toiletries, or makeup due to Health Department restrictions.
- Consignors' checks are available by the 10th day of each month. A consignor's check will include items sold during the prior calendar month and will be available for pick up at the cash register.
- Consignors' checks can be mailed to the consignor upon written request.
- Prices are reduced after 30 days—except for clothing prices, which are reduced after 15 days. Consignors receive 50% of the price if an item sells within 59 days. Beginning on the 60th day, all proceeds accrue to Next-to-New.
- Furniture and large wall hangings must be pre-approved by the Merchandise Coordinator before you bring them to the store.