The Next-to-New Shop of St. David's Episcopal Church is always happy to accept charitable donations from kind-hearted individuals and families throughout the greater Austin region. If you have any questions about making a donation, contact us today to speak with a helpful member of our team.
Consignors receive 50% of the selling price of each item while Next-to-New receives 50% of the price of consigned items.
Dropping off Your Items
To have Next-to-New sell your items for you, bring new and used items to our store in Austin. Consignment hours are Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. You must be signed in by 12:45 P.M. New Consignors should allow one hour for first-time consignments. Enter through the side entrance marked Consignment. Be prepared to price your items before you arrive. A marker will assist you in reviewing your items and reaching an agreement on a price for each item.
Here are a few guidelines to remember when consigning with Next-to-New:
- We accept most items on consignment. That said, please understand that if you wish to consign a lamp and there are 47 lamps in the store, for example, we may have to price the lamps lower than usual to keep the merchandise moving.
- Only 6 items per category may be consigned each day with a daily total of 20 items.
- We are unable to accept mattresses, pillows, sofa beds, recliners, toiletries, or makeup due to Health Department restrictions.
- Consignors' checks are available by the 10th day of each month. A consignor's check will include items sold during the prior calendar month and will be available for pick up at the cash register.
- Consignors' checks can be mailed to the consignor upon written request.
- Prices are reduced after 30 days—except for clothing prices, which are reduced after 15 days. Beginning on the 30th day, all proceeds accrue to Next-to-New. Consignors receive 50% of the price if an item sells within 59 days. Beginning on the 60th day, all proceeds accrue to Next-to-New.
- Furniture and large wall hangings must be pre-approved by the Merchandise Coordinator before you bring them to the store.